Thursday, August 03, 2006

Idiot play

A little while back I did something I shouldn't have. I experienced an unexpected disappointment, a setback. I reacted by being rude to the person who delivered the bad news.

So for a moment I became an idiot. That's what idiots do. They lash out and unload when things don't go their way. I will say that the issue I was upset about is totally unfair and unjust to me. Yes I should be angry, resentful and frustrated about that situation. But that doesn't justify how I acted. That's what idiots do. They make excuses after the fact for their actions. They insist they were "reacting", or "provoked" or "stressed about other things". So I don't have a valid excuse for what I did because there is no valid excuse.

I don't claim to be a "nice" person. I don't have to be or want to be. I don't want to go the other way and be an idiot. If you act like an idiot then you are an idiot.

What I need to do is to address and fix the problems that I lashed out about.

No comments: