Sunday, May 21, 2006

Camera phone

I've had a cell phone for a few months now. It's a Samsung from my provider Aliant mobility. The phone has been pretty handy at times. It also fits in my pocket fine though I should get a belt clip.

The phone also has a built in digital camera. I haven't tried to use the camera much. I found the setup kind of intimidating. Anyway I read the instructions and I felt a bit more comfortable with it. Then a nice opportunity came up and I took a picture. It turned out OK I'd say.

Getting a picture from the phone to the Internet was not an easy task. The user interface is confusing and not intuitive. After much clicking and some false starts I was able to e-mail it to myself. It also appeared on my Aliant photo album site. I think that was related to the e-mailing.

From the e-mail and much more clicking I was able to save it to my hard drive and edit it with Paint Shop Pro to rotate it 90 degrees. Here is the picture I took.

























The children in front are my sons. The pilot of the boat is their Grandfather Otis Dunn, a good man. The picture was taken on Scott's Lake where the Dunns have their home.

No comments: