Friday, December 18, 2009

2012

I saw the movie 2012 yesterday. I'd wanted to see it in the theatre since I saw the trailer for it. It was definitely a theatre movie. Spectacular sound, visuals and special effects. Very well done. I especially liked the "crackpot" doomsday underground radio character in Yosemite park who was entertaining.

The story was pretty interesting about how world leaders deal with the world ending on December 21 2012. There seemed to be some influences from other recent movies in 2012. There was of course the who will survive the disaster Titanic theme. Also there was a subplot which made me think of the movie Click as it played out.

There weren't too many people there. Around 10 in the theatre for a Wed afternoon show. So I'm glad I caught it while it was on the big screen. I didn't notice any other December movies that I especially want to see. The last movie I went to on my own was Star Trek earlier this year. I don't know of any coming up that I would like to see. Maybe there'll be 1-2 again next year that will be worth going to.

No comments: