Monday, July 01, 2013

Survivor by Chuck Palahniuk

I finished another book recently. It was Survivor by Chuck Palahniuk. I'd found the book a bit by accident. I just picked a shelf at random in the library and it happened to be in the Ps. I recognized the author of course from Fight Club so it was an easy pick.

It was an interesting book. A bit more intense and darker in ways than Fight Club. If that's possible. The book is about the last survivor of a religious cult Tender Branson. A greasy and opportunistic agent has a scheme to parlay Tender's last man standng status into a global celebrity and marketing/merchandise brand.

Typical of the author, it was a book that makes you think. About religion, happiness, identity, suicide, personal choice and fate. I'm not completely sure what it was all about. It was a good read, funny in parts, painful and disturbing in parts. The author as is his style uses lots of science in describing the arts of being a housekeeper and getting out stains of everything from tears, bruises, lipstick to blood. All in all a good read and there are a couple more by Palahniuk that I will definitely read.

No comments: