Friday, January 16, 2015

2015 is come to pass

taking a day off work today. using some of the banked overtime from the death march project that ended 2014. nice relaxing day here.

so 2015 is well begun. for new years I was feeling pretty crummy and sick for over a week before I went back to work. bummer being sick during my time off. oh well darn. so I didn't have much energy. I went to a movie for new years, something I've never done before. I went to see the Hobbit. It was pretty good. I'm not really into the lord of the rings stuff but it was fine. stayed up long enough for the countdown and to bed shortly after.

and 2014 is now in the books. 2015, like 2014 and every previous year, is come to pass. to use the Bible term. it's an important and powerful concept. whatever 2015 brings will end. good or bad, expected or unexpected, good fortune or bad luck. I was told on very good authority to expect change in 2015. so whatever happens will happen. change can be bad but can also be very good. and then there will be a reset and another at least calendar fresh start.

a lot happened in 2014. in the year up to Christmas time, I owned four cars. I had two cars destroyed in accidents by reckless and irresponsible drivers in June and July 2014. driving is still pretty skittish but this current 2010 Corolla I got in July has fortunately been running well. I'm hoping it will get me through 2015 safely and with minimal drama. I'm pleased to be a Corolla driver, that car suits me and my personality.

I also lost my job in 2014. In June my time at RIM was terminated after 6 years there. It's never a true surprise to anyone to get laid off from RIM, still it was an unplanned and abrupt and disruptive life change. Luckily I found work a little over a month later with CGI so it was a relief to get back to work and resume the flow of paycheques. So who would have known in January I'd be working at the site of the former Zellers Bayers Road as December wound down. and so it goes, so much happens during a year and ends up being important that you may have been unaware of or only very vaguely even aware of.

Finally my mother died in December. She had been sick for a long time so it wasn't a shocking or sudden thing. Still back in new years January 2014 I would not have thought at the time this would be Mom's final year.

so all in all I'm glad 2014 ended and now 2015 is begun. and better or worse or in between 2015 will also inescapably come to an end. who knows what this year will bring? what will end up being central this time next year that I'm not even aware of at this time. only time will tell. I can just try to do the right things based on my knowledge and experience, try to be a good person, and hope that positive results will flow from consistently making good life decisions and having a positive attitude.

No comments: