Sunday, September 06, 2009

Joined Costco

I recently joined the Price Club. It's actually Costco now but I still think of it as price club and a lot of people still call it that. I'd been a member in the past in the late 90s and early 2000s but I hadn't been there in over 5 years when I rejoined.

I'd been thinking of joining for a while so I just went ahead and did it. I got the regular membership which is $55 a year. I could have got the executive membership for $100 a year. The executive membership has 2% cashback. So if you buy enough stuff there - around $3000 a year or more then the difference in membership price is worth it. I don't really expect to spend that much a year there so I'll start out with the regular membership.

There was some stuff I was getting low on that I was looking for. Laundry detergent, bounce dryer sheets, sensodyne tootpaste, ziploc freezer bags and sandwich bags. I was a bit disappointed with my shopping experience though. I got some laundry detergent, but the bounce was some blue country fresh and they didn't have plain original, the sensodyne was a four pack of different types and 2 of them I wasn't interested in, the ziploc sizes were like a 3-5 year supply if I'd bought them.

They have an automotive there and I might give that a try for oil changes or tires. I had other stuff to do when I was there so I didn't really get to look around. I'll see how it goes with it for this year.

No comments: