Thursday, March 11, 2010

Haiti

I made a donation to the red cross this week for Haiti. I meant to get around to it before now. I was offline for a couple of weeks there waiting for my new PC to arrive, etc. Anyway I now did it.

It was super fast and easy with the red cross site. Just a couple of clicks through secure web sites and that was that. They take paypal so it was easy and secure. The tax receipt is instant and delivered to my inbox as a pdf for printing.

Haiti has always been messed up and now its even worse than ever. And they are our neighbours to the south. There's a few Haitians in Canada. Haiti is a largely catholic country so we should help our Christian brothers. There's the voodoo too there in Haiti but that's neither here nor there to me.

I hope that Haiti can be on the road to recovery from this terrible earthquake.

No comments: