Sunday, July 11, 2010

apartment searching

I've been looking for a new place to live recently. With the car loan now paid off this is a good time to move forward on this. This is looking to be a busy summer there's a few things going on that I'm trying to advance. Moving is one of them.

I'm looking for a bigger, nicer place. In or around the neighbourhood I'm presently in. I'm looking for a 2 BR and a dishwasher is a must. I put together a big checklist of things to look at.

Vacancy seems pretty tight. Most buildings seem pretty full. Customer service seems to be generally awful. Not one message I've left has been returned so far! So it's just try and catch people at home I guess.

I've looked at two places so far. The first place advertised 3 appliances but still had no dishwasher. The second place had more promise. A more modern building it seemed promising. I put in an application but haven't heard back yet. I'll have to call the super tomorrow if I don't hear anything and find out what's up. It's different on the first floor which would be a change for me.

If it doesn't work out with this place I'm not too hung up about it. I haven't put in notice where I'm at so I don't have to be rushed.

No comments: