Friday, August 26, 2011

car repair

I had my car in the shop this week. Last time in the mechanic reminded me it was time for the timing belt. At 150,000 km its as long as it should have been left.

So I got timing belt and the stuff that is also usually changed at that time: water pump, other engine belts. He also did a bearing repair.

All together it was over $1100. ouch. This is the first time in a while I've had significant work on the 2005 Civic so it's a reality of older and high mileage cars. It was nice after I got back on the road the ride was noticeably smoother. At 6 years old with 150 k, the car has consistently put up around 25,000 km a year. So hopefully it will be good for 2-3 more years that would get me to the low 200s. We will see I guess. I'm not status conscious about how my car looks so I just want to run this car as long as it will run.

I've got a pretty good idea where I will get my next vehicle. Right now the front runner is an O'Regan's dealership. I appreciate that O'Regan's sponsored my son's baseball in Dartmouth North so as a carbuyer I will remember that and be inclined to do business with them when it comes time to buy.

No comments: