Friday, August 26, 2011

Rise of the Planet of the Apes

I had a follow up dentist appointment today so I took a vacation day. The dentist went ok it was follow up to part 2 of the periodontal graft, the right side this time. Except for a final follow up visit in October that's finally done now. I guess next will be the long deferred visit to the optometrist but that can wait a bit more I need some relief after the car repair and this dentist. I'm glad benefits came in at 50% but that still leaves me out a lot.

So with the afternoon off I went to catch the matinee of Rise of the Planet of the Apes. Like I hoped the theatre was not too full. Around 10% I would estimate.

It was a good movie. A worthy part of the Apes history. I've never seen the original 1969 movie I would like to see that some day. This movie to its title is the story of how Caesar and the other apes rise to rule the earth. In the movie Caesar gains enhanced brain abilities due to taking an experimental Alzheimer's drug under development. Eventually Caesar is able to give other apes the drug and organize a breakout from their cages. It wasn't too long, coming in after the 15 minutes of promos at the start under 2 hours.

No comments: