Monday, October 24, 2011

new car battery

I had a surprise over the weekend. Saturday night after the kids hockey game I started the car and ... nothing. Turned the key and dash lights came up but nothing else. Luckily there was a guy in a truck in the parking lot gave me a boost. That got me home but then on Sunday morning again no start. So I knew I hadn't left the lights on or something as I was extra careful Saturday when I parked.

So Sunday borrowed my dad's car luckily he lives nearby. I self boosted and drove my car to the Canadian Tire which is very close by. Today I went in at 7 when the service opened. They took the car and I caught the bus to work. They called by 8:30 to confirm it was the battery. Then called at 9:30 to tell the work was done. I'll say Canadian Tire service was very good. Staff were polite and knowledgeable.

It came to $200. Not fun but good to be back on the road. I was a bit lucky how it turned out I could have been stranded in a more remote way. So with a 6 year old car with 150,000 km I will now be getting CAA.

No comments: