Sunday, November 06, 2011

joined CAA

I joined CAA this weekend. I went down on Saturday morning and the office was open. It was $92 taxes in for the basic membership. After what happened with the dead battery I realized it would be a wise precaution to have some coverage. The vehicle is 6 years old with over 150,000 km so it's kind of old vehicle insurance. I hope the 2005 Honda Civic can continue to run well for 2-3 more years. I'll keep the brochure in my car in addition to roadside coverage there were a number of deals with local merchants so if I remember I may use some of them.

--

It is offensive to see our government squandering the people's tax money preparing this literature and purchasing online advertising.














It is fully inappropriate for our government to be doing this. Need I remind Mr. Harper Canada has two official languages: English and French. Anyone coming to Canada from some other nation should be prepared to live and work in one of those languages. If they lose money on housing or real estate because they don't know the language, well that's hardly the concern of the federal government. It is inappropriate for any Canadian government at any level to be providing information or services in any language other than English or French.

Useless CMHC. Speaking of federal government departments that should be downsized or entirely closed CMHC is just about the top of the list.


--

It would be great if this bill goes through to bet on single games in Canada. I've never focused on it but I've always had it in my mind pro-line is beatable. This is long overdue and brings it one step closer. Although love this guys PPH videos and can't help but want to sign up.

--

I'm starting to get organized on Christmas shopping. If I get moving soon I'll be able to use the Web to find stuff. It reminds me how much better things are this year than last year when Christmas was pretty much wiped out by the events in the community. One idea I was thinking was to suggest a kind of "swap" with my sisters where I might get stuff from them for my kids and they can get stuff from me for their kids. I'll think about it but it might make it easier for everyone that way.

--

I caught Horrible Bosses over the weekend. It was ok. Maybe not quite as good as I expected. The plot was a bit weak and stilted in parts. There were some funny scenes and dialog but just not enough for the length of the movie. It was different to see Jennifer Aniston as the foul mouthed dentist. Also Richard Jenkins seemed to be working really hard to carry this film. He was very good but just not enough to save it.

--

So David Heap got roughed up while committing and act of war against Israel. Well boo hoo. He is lucky to be alive after voluntarily jumping into the battle as an enemy combatant. Unlike the Liberal and NDP whose policies are based strictly on voter counts, Harper has been a consistent supporter of Israel. Then again you don't see the Jews plotting to kidnap and behead the Prime Minister. The people the David Heap fought for launch rocket attacks from schoolyards during the schoolday in order to draw return fire back there. And since when are prisoners of war expected to be provided with "free communication with the outside world and wasn't receiving adequate writing and reading materials"

No comments: