Thursday, February 21, 2008

Car repair

I took my car in for some repairs. It had the check engine light.

I took my trusty 2005 Civic to Creaser's. They are pretty good. I've been there before.

The problem was a downstream O2 sensor. Unfortunately the Honda warranty on it ran out about 10,000 km ago so I had to pay it myself. Most of the cost of the repair was for the new part. It only took about an hour total for them to get the part and fix it.

Creaser's is a good garage. They took over for Tony's auto service. Tony was a good mechanic.

This is the first big repair I've had to do on the Civic. A couple years ago I blew a tire in the middle of winter. Luckily that was covered under warranty and Portland Street Honda just took care of it and didn't even charge me. They said they would get the coverage on it from Honda. They are a good dealer Portland Street Honda.

Hopefully my Civic will run relatively trouble free for a good while still. I'll be glad when it's paid off. I have about 2 and a half years to go on it.

No comments: