Saturday, February 02, 2008

Trip to the dentist

I went to the dentist this week. I took a vacation day since I have some unused vacation from last year.

It was a new young dentist. She took over the office from the previous dentist who retired. I hadn't seen her before. I guess it's been a while since I've gone to the dentist. Three years according to their records. That's a long time to have put it off. I shouldn't have done that.

Fortunately things are looking good for my teeth. I got a long overdue dentists cleaning and my teeth look much better now. I did have a small cavity that I have to go back and get filled.

I find the routine cleaning a kind of pleasant experience. Your mouth looks and feels better after it's done. I've thought over the years that this is something a day spa should add, a basic cleaning and floss from a dental hygienist. I think that might be popular.

At the end the receptionist booked my next visit for the cavity. She also went over settling the visit. I could tell she was surprised when she got the printout from my insurance and said "Oh, you're 100 percent." I guess I don't look like a 100% dental coverage person or something. Plus if I'm 100% why go three years between visits. I do resolve to take better care of it going forward and go at least once a year. Under my benefits from work I can go back in 6 months for a routine cleaning and check if I want.

No comments: