Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Super Bowl

Yay for the Giants killers. Totally enjoyable Super Bowl. I ended up going to Kokomo's with a friend. There were some people there we knew and it was a good time. I was driving and only had 2 beer, one in the first half and one in the second half. My friend didn't have to get up early for work so he had a few beers.

They had a good setup at Kokomo's. It was a pretty good crowd but there were seats too. There was free chili and chips on the tables. They had an enormous TV which was great. There were two local Budweiser girls who had a football toss for a free beer. I just barely missed. Along with the eye candy Bud provided a bunch of swag for some free draws. I ended up winning a Cleveland Browns t-shirt, a Budweiser beer mug and a Stella Artois bottle opener. They had some nicer stuff too like NFL jerseys and a replica helmet.

It was mostly Patriots fans there but there were a few besides me cheering for the Giants. One of the part owners of the bar was sitting at our long table. She was cheering for the Patriots. We had some good natured joking during the game as the lead changed hands a few times. I think she was more disappointed at the end when the Patriots lost than I would have been if the Giants had lost.

And how about that miracle throw and catch by Eli Manning to unknown David Tyree. Wow what a play! I couldn't believe it. Play of the decade. One of the greatest plays in memory, up there with the Franco Harris and Dwight Clark plays.

No comments: