Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Timex ironman watch

When I was in Ontario I got to use the second time zone feature on my Timex Ironman watch. With that I've now used all of the watch features. The watch has a lot of useful functions: time, date, stopwatch, countdown, alarm, backlight, and second time zone.

I used most of the features in the first month I had it. It took several years to get the chance to use second time zone. That shows how long the watch has lasted. I've gone through several batteries and straps but it has kept running. Plus I've been fortunate to not lose it somewhere along the way or destroy it somehow. I once managed to wreck a pair of glasses when I ran over them with a lawn mower.

With its age the trusty old watch is showing some wear. The backlight gave out around three years ago. Some of the casing around the front has crumbled off. The water seal underneath is coming loose. So its ready to replace. I'll definitely want to replace it with another ironman.

I noticed they never go on sale. No surprise really. The one I have was a birthday gift from my sister. That turned out to be among the best birthday presents. I think the best though was the Rolling Stones ticket.

No comments: