Monday, July 20, 2009

KISS in Halifax

I caught KISS over the weekend. The show was right here in Halifax on the commons. That was pretty convenient. There was a well organized bus service too so it was fast, easy and inexpensive to get there and back. Thanks metro transit.

The weather was bad all day on the Saturday. Rain on and off. Luckily though at around 8 the rain and heavy mist stopped for good and it was just cloudy for the show. I was glad about that. I didn't arrive until about an hour before the big show so I was able to avoid a lot of the rain.

It wasn't cheap. $114 for general admission. I had a pretty good view though and the sound was great. The show was really good. Lots of great songs and all the major hits. Everyone there seemed to be really into it, especially for the most well known songs. It was worth it.

The last big show I was at was the Rolling Stones in Moncton. Was that really 4 years ago? Wow, lots of changes since then. So now I've seen KISS. Like the Stones, something I've always wanted to do.

There's so much entertainment around this summer. There's only so much time and money for events so I have to pick which ones to see. I passed on Paul McCartney and I won't be going to Moncton for AC/DC. I saw KISS and I'll be planning to go to WWE in Halifax in September.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You'd better buy the tickets for the wwe. They went on sale last Saturday.