Wednesday, September 05, 2012

vacation

I took a week off in August. It was nice. Most years I don't get around to taking summer vacation.

I timed it to coincide with some family being in town. Plus there were a few days to myself after they left. It was good to be able to just relax and do family stuff without the distractions of work.

I needed a vacation this year. It's been brutal at work the last few months. A motto of mine going back many years is if you accomplish nothing else on vacation, at least get some rest. And I did that, getting a good nights sleep, not getting up too early, taking lots of break and down time during the days.

I checked and good news I still have 8 days unused for 2012. I've already booked it and like most years will skip out during December before Christmas until January.

No comments: