Thursday, March 03, 2011

Gave blood

I'd been meaning to go down and donate blood for a long time. Notwithstanding the annoying and persistent phone calls from the blood service. It had been a while. That card stuck on my fridge, December 2009 last visit.

It was a bit easier in the past they used to come out to a clinic where I lived. They also used to set up at BIO when I worked in that building.

But there's a new positive development. They just opened a clinic at Bayers Road shopping centre. With good hours too, open to 7 Monday-Thursday. I took it as a sign it was time to go donate. So I went down, no appointment but I was lucky there were some cancels so I was able to go right through.

The experience was about as I remembered. It is a nice facility. Nurse said my blood pressure is ok. I was able to finish in around 6 minutes. Nice rest area with sweets afterward, about the best part of donating. Even the questions the nurse asks beforehand were not as sigh as usual  if you know what I mean.

My card says I can come back April 28. I'm not so sure about that but I definitely plan to be back before the next 15 months.

No comments: