Thursday, May 07, 2009

taxes are done

My taxes are done for another year. It went pretty smoothly this year for once. After last year's taxes I resolved that it would be better this year, and it was. It's great to have it done and out of the way.

I went to H&R block again this year like in years past. They have a new office in Wedgewood so that was pretty convenient. I stopped by on the way home from work and they could take me right away. I didn't have my papers so we set an appointment for an hour later. My papers were already ready and it didn't take long to do. It turns out my taxes are simpler this year than in previous years so I may try doing my own tax next year. Still H&R block is very good and good value for the money.

It was a good tax year. Partly because I switched jobs during the year that meant I was over on CPP and UI so that was a bonus. Making some RRSP contributions for the first time since the 1990s was also a positive.

One good thing about using a service for the taxes is they have efile. So I got my refund very quickly, it only took a little over a week. The priority remains to eliminate the debt but I did allow a bit of spending for some stuff that I want.

No comments: