Thursday, August 13, 2009

Bridge walk

I went to the Halifax bridge walk this year earlier this month. I went with the kids and it was a good time.

It was cool walking across the span. We parked on the Dartmouth side and ended up remarkably close as it turned out. It was a great day for it, very warm. It's a great view from up there. It is pretty high up. It was a little bit scary the first time across looking down for the first time from that height.

I had never walked across the bridge before. Although it was always something I had wanted to do. I'm glad I did it. I will hope to do it again some time. We ended up going a bit by accident. I just checked the web site to see if anything was happening for natal day that was convenient and that's when I saw the bridge walk.

It was well organized. When we got back across to the Dartmouth side there were some good bouncy castles for the kids. There was also cake. We were a bit lucky the kids ended up getting the last of the cake.

No comments: