Saturday, January 07, 2012

unfriended

I deleted my facebook account. No drama or anything, facebook just wasn't fun any more so I decided to move on. Last fall I went through an exercise cutting my friends from about 150 to 125 or so. However I found my news feed was still clogged with people I don't know, people I don't like, people I don't care about. That and the endless blocking of apps.

So that's that. I haven't missed it or noticed it gone yet. I'll have to rejoin around December there's an annual ball hockey game organized on fb. Otherwise see how it goes.

--

I went to the Halifax oval last week with the kids. It was a good time. The ice is really good since it's now on a permanent poured concrete. It was quite a few people there on new years day. The ice is nearly arena quality. Some amenities have been added including a sit down warm up hut and a better organized seating area to lace up.

--

I made shake and bake tonight. I think it's been around 10 years since I made that. It turned out pretty well. I used chicken thighs as the meat. It was good. I looked at the chicken breasts but the price of them was obscene. I'll have to watch for specials on chicken breasts.

--

Heading out with a friend from away tonight. I think I'll suggest the Rodeo. It was a good time back in October there.

No comments: