Tuesday, January 03, 2012

World War Z by Max Brooks

Continuing the zombie theme, I finished up World War Z by Max Brooks. I borrowed it from my nephew and read it over the Christmas break.

It was a good and fast read. It was nice to be able to get through it in chunks over the break although I neglected some other activities I'd meant to do, oh well that's what vacation is for.

The book is the chronology of the zombie war from the earliest outbreaks through the Great Panic and beyond. Brooks tells the story from a unique perspective as a series of interviews across the world. It is a sweeping tale touching all continents.

Brooks is a recognized authority on zombies and you can tell he spent a lot of time thinking about how a global pandemic might play out. It's very believable.

That will be it for zombie reading for a bit. I've got at least one more zombie book to work through. But I'll look at some other nonfiction and other fiction first.

No comments: