Tuesday, December 04, 2007

Aliant grief update I

In my earlier Aliant grief post I said they were sending a technician out to get things straightened out, even though everything is working fine.

They told me the tech would arrive today in the morning. And he did arrive at 11:50 AM. The Aliant tech walks into my place and said his service call is I don't have Internet at all.

He was misinformed. Why doesn't that surprise me. I told him everything is working fine and has been since I got it running initially. I explained to him that I ordered high speed only and I was being incorrectly billed for an additional land line. The Aliant rep told me that the technician had to come out out to my place to set me up for the high speed only setup.

The tech was a bit surprised to hear that everything was working properly. He said he'd done some fix at the switch and to check if I was still online. I'd been online all morning working from home on remote desktop and I turned it all off when he phoned ahead to say he was arriving.

So I turned on the Siemens DSL modem and after a few seconds it was the solid three green lights. Good. Then I turned on my PC and everything started as usual. Then I clicked to a couple of Web sites and everything looks good.

So the tech didn't actually change anything at my place. I suppose that's good since everything still works. He told me he would talk to billing and get my account straightened out so that I would only be billed for high speed and not for the land line.

I can only hope that this works out as he said. I guess I'll know when my next bill comes in. I'm not really confident that everything will finally be in order.

No comments: