Friday, December 14, 2007

Last day lunch

Today was my last day of work for the year. Unfortunately due to an earlier layoff today was the last day on the job for a number of my co-workers.

We went out to the Lone Star in Clayton Park for lunch. It was OK, nothing special. I ordered fish and chips on the lunch menu but the waitress said they didn't have any fish today. I switched to brisket. After having the brisket I wish the fish had been in.

This wasn't a company lunch, we were all on our own. A bit unexpectedly at the end my boss picked up the tab for the table, around 20 of us, yay. It's happened in the past on last day lunches with both this company and some previous employers. The person waits until the very end to mention that he's taking the bill. It makes sense to do it that way. If you say up front it's a free meal then $7 fish and chips becomes $11 pasta. $2 Pepsi becomes $4 milkshake. $3 local draft beer becomes $6 Guinness.

No comments: