Wednesday, February 02, 2011

work from home

Today I did something I hadn't done before. I worked from home on a regular work day.

It snowed overnight with more forecast for today. So no point really going in for a couple of hours just to have to rush out when the snow started again around noon. So the three of us in my group all just worked from home.

I've used remote desktop before and it's a great invention. In the past it was usually in the evening or a weekend I would RDP in for a bit and do some stuff while still being able to be at home. It went pretty well today it was definitely quiet with minimal distractions. No free coffee though had to make my own. With no commute I slept in a bit, didn't shave, and wore sweat pants to work.

Since it was an unusual day instead of the usual blah sandwich I scooted over to Wendy's around 11:20 just before the snow started. I got take out to stay ahead of the weather. With coupons I ended up getting a junior bacon cheeseburger, fries, and a 16 oz frostie all for just $2 total. Pretty good deal Wendy's is a favorite.

No comments: