Wednesday, December 24, 2008

and Merry Christmas

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year. There's a few regulars on this site so whoever and wherever you are, happy holidays.


Yesterday I saw Scrooge at the Neptune Theatre. It was a great show. The actor was very good. The theatre was a treat as always. I should go to the theatre at least once a year. The theatre is great in a kind of self referential way, as in it's great because it is the theatre.


Monday was pretty much a write off. Breakfast didn't stay down and I didn't eat the rest of the day. I felt miserable all day. I slept most of Monday afternoon and from about 10 PM to 9 AM Tuesday. Luckily I felt much better Tuesday. Still it was just doing too much, running around too much, lack of rest. I see a lot of people having colds, fever, etc. at this time of year. A lot of it is caused by just being too busy. Try to slow down, take a real break, enjoy some blocks of unstructured down time.


Every Christmas I think about NBC around 1984 or 85. It was Christmas Sunday evening. Game 2 of the NBC football doubleheader was winding down around 8:30 PM. Bob Costas comes on at the wrap up talking about the shows after football. It was blah this, blah Christmas special that; then Bob in his deadpan Bob voice says and then the NBC Sunday night movie, that traditional family Christmas favorite Conan the Barbarian.

What a hoot. Those were the best years 1984-85. With the NFL on NBC, Bob, Bryant Gumbel, Pete Axthelm. NBC showing Conan the Barbarian on Christmas Sunday. I should pick up that movie and watch it this holiday. It is a classic.

No comments: